Professions of desire : lesbian and gay studies in literature /
The First collection of essays to address issues concerning lesbian and gay studies in the undergraduate classroom, Professions of Desire will challenge teachers and students of literature with new materials, new approaches, and new ideas. Professions of Desire includes examples of lesbian and gay c...
New York :
Modern Language Association of America,
- "Promoting homosexuality" in the classroom / George E. Haggerty
- Pedagogy and sexuality / Joseph Litvak
- Toward an antithomophobic pedagogy / Joseph Chadwick
- The Student and the strap: authority and seduction in the class(room) / Sue-Ellen Case
- What is lesbian literature? Forming a historical canon / Lillian Faderman
- Teaching the postmodern renaissance / Stephen Orgel
- Lesbian modernism: (trans)forming the (c)anon / Karla Jay
- Race, homosocial desire, and "mammon" in Autobiography of an ex-coloured man / Cheryl Clarke
- Lesbian poetry in the United States, 1890-1990: a brief overview / Paula Bennett
- Teaching differences: theory and practice in a lesbian and gay studies seminar / David Román
- Expanding the categories of race and sexuality in lesbian and gay studies / Yvonne Yarbro-Bejarano
- Explicit instruction: teaching gay male sexuality in literature classes / Earl Jackson, Jr.
- The lesbian narrative: "The pursuit of the inedible by the unspeakable" / Marilyn R. Farwell
- Anal/yzing the classroom: on the impossibility of a queer pedagogy / Gregory W. Bredbeck
- The disappearance of the homosexual in The Picture of Dorian Gray / Jeffrey Nunokawa
- Tales of the avunculate: queer tutelage in The Importance of being earnest / Eve Kosofsky Sedgwick
- Private affairs: race, sex, property, and persons / Phillip Brian Harper
- Memorial rags / Michael Moon.