Textual orientations : lesbian and gay students and the making of discourse communities /
"Textual Orientations examines two emerging, mutually illuminating fields: rhetoric and composition and lesbian and gay studies. It is a thorough, fascinating study of the complex rhetorical features in operation for lesbian and gay students in college writing classes." "The research...
Portsmouth, NH :
Boynton/Cook Publishers : Heinemann,
- Ch. 1. Queer Texts, Queer Contexts
- Ch. 2. "Truth" or Consequences: The Lesbian or Gay Student in the Mainstream Writing Class
- Ch. 3. Lesbian and Gay Studies: Landscape of an (Inter)Discipline
- Ch. 4. Community Knowledge and Social Construction Theory in Composition
- Ch. 5. The Politics of Outsiderhood Go to School: Liberatory Pedagogy
- Ch. 6. Construing and Constructing Knowledge as a Lesbian or Gay Student Writer: Reflections on an Identity-Based Course
- Ch. 7. The Course of Study/Study of the Course
- Ch. 8. Adrian O'Connor: "It's a Social World"
- Ch. 9. Isabel Serrano: "Setting the Record Straight"
- Ch. 10. John Lee: Writing Fractured Identity
- Ch. 11. Mary Donoghue: "Let's Assume These Things Are True"
- Ch. 12. Queering the Brew.