Beyond trauma : cultural and societal dynamics /
|Other Authors:||, ,|
New York :
|Series:||Plenum series on stress and coping.
Language of science.
|Online Access:||Publisher description|
Table of contents only
Table of Contents:
- I. Conceptual issues. Addressing human response to war and atrocity : major challenges in research and practices and the limitations of Western psychiatric models / Derek Summerfield
- The severity of the trauma : issues about its role and posttraumatic stress disorder / Alexander C. McFarlane
- A cognitive processing formulation of posttrauma reactions / Mark Creamer
- Beyond the "victim" : secondary traumatic stress / Charles R. Figley and Rolf J. Kleber
- The deficiency of the concept of posttraumatic stress disorder when dealing with victims of human rights violations / David Becker.
- II. Societal and political issues. The development of treatment approaches for victims of human rights violations in Chile / Elizabeth Lira Kornfeld
- Cultural analysis of research findings on the political instability in the Philippines / Isabelita Z. Guiao
- Psychotherapeutic work with refugees / Guus Van der Veer
- The prevalence, trauma, and sociocultural causes of incestuous abuse of females : a human rights issue / Diana E.H. Russell
- What went wrong? : diagnostic and ethical problems in dealing with the effects of torture and repression in South Africa / Michael A. Simpson
- Health problems in areas contaminated by the Chernobyl disaster : radiation, traumatic stress, or chronic stress? / Jan van den Bout, Johan M. Havenaar, and Ludmilla I. Meijler-Iljina.
- Ethical considerations. When political reality enters therapy : ethical considerations in the treatment of posttraumatic stress disorder / Daniel Brom and Eliezer Witztum
- Working through the Holocaust : still a task for Germany's youth? / Aor. Konrad Brendler
- Primary prevention of traumatic stress caused by war / Victor W. Sidel, Berthold P.R. Gersons, and Jos M.P. Weerts.