Going places : transportation redefines the twentieth-century West /
Indiana University Press,
|Series:||American West in the twentieth century.
Table of Contents:
- Transportation corridors transform the west
- When railroads ruled
- Copper connections and the last transcontinental railroad
- Roads stretching from farm to market, but seldom beyond
- The emergence of new corridors of power
- The twentieth-century transportation revolution
- The new overland route
- Hard choices for hard times
- Is this trip necessary? the impact of World War II
- Auto euphoria and other postwar enthusiasms
- The sky's the limit
- Reinventing the railroads.