Writings on Black women of the diaspora : history, language, and identity /
New York :
|Series:||Crosscurrents in African American history ;
v. 1. |
Garland reference library of the humanities ; vol. 2048.
Table of Contents:
- Literary quilting: history, language, and identity in women's diasporic texts
- The history of Mary Prince, a West Indian slave, related by herself: history, ancestry, and identity
- Toni Morrison's Beloved: evolving identities from slavery to freedom
- Alice Walker's The Color Purple: racism, sexism, and kinship in the process of self-actualization
- Paule Marshall's Praisesong for the Widow: Afro-Caribbean rituals of power, place, and identity.