Stalinism : the essential readings /
Malden, Mass. :
|Series:||Blackwell essential readings in history.
Table of Contents:
- Stalin's role : Stalin and his Stalinism : power and authority in the Soviet Union, 1930-53 / Ronald Grigor Suny
- Social origins : grappling with Stalinism / Moshe Lewin
- Socialist ideology : the Soviet tragedy : a history of socialism in Russia / Martin Malia
- The foreign threat : the objectives of the Great Terror, 1937-38 / Oleg Khlevnyuk
- The welfare state : magnetic mountain : Stalinism as a civilization / Stephen Kotkin
- State violence : state violence as technique : the logic of violence in Soviet totalitarianism / Peter Holquist
- Resistance and conformity : everyday Stalinism : ordinary life in extraordinary times / Sheila Fitzpatrick
- Stalinist subjectivity : working, struggling, becoming : Stalin-era autobiographical texts / Jochen Hellbeck
- Women and gender : women in Soviet society : equality, development, and social change / Gail Warshofsky Lapidus
- Ethnicity and nationality : nature and nurture in a socialist utopia : delineating the Soviet socio-ethnic body in the age of socialism / Amir Weiner
- The postwar years : Russia after the war : hopes, illusions, and disappointments / Elena Zubkova.