The golden age /
The program centers on the work of Arcangelo Corelli, whose career spanned the late 17th and early 18th centuries. Church dignitaries and monarchs had increased influence on music at this time, under which Corelli and others flourished.
|Other Authors:||, , , , ,|
Princeton, NJ :
Films for the Humanities,
|Series:||Man and music (DVD videodiscs). Rome.
Music > Italy > Rome > History and criticism.
Music > Italy > 17th century.
Music > Italy > 18th century.
Composers > Italy > Rome > Biography.
Table of Contents:
- Sections of: Stradella / Giovanni Battista
- Trio Sonata op. 1, no. XI ; Violin Sonata Op. 5 no. 1 / Corelli
- Lisa del foco mio / Alessandro Scarlatti
- Harpsichord Sonata K33 / Domenico Scarlatti
- "Tu fedel, tu costante" ; Resurrezione ; Dixit Dominus / Handel.