A century of African American art : the Paul R. Jones collection /
Newark, Del. : New Brunswick, N.J. :
University Museum, University of Delaware ; Rutgers University Press,
Art > Private collections > Delaware > Newark > Exhibitions.
Table of Contents:
- Political sight : on collecting art and culture / Amalia K. Amaki
- Collage and photomontage : Bearden's spiralist reflections of America and Africa / Sharon Pruitt
- Nanette Carter's discursive modernism : the collage aesthetic in Light over Soweto #5 / Ann Eden Gibson
- Reign(ing) in color : toward a wilder history of American art / Ikem Stanley Okoye
- On the surface : color, skin, and paint / Marcia R. Cohen and Diana McClintock
- Collecting memory : portraiture, posing, and desire / Carla Williams
- Flash from the past : hidden messages in the photographs of Prentice Herman Polk / Amalia K. Amaki
- African American printmakers : toward a more democratic art / Winston Kennedy.