Popular fiction : the logics and practices of a literary field /
London ; New York :
Table of Contents:
- Popular fiction : the opposite of literature?
- Genre : history, attitudes, practice
- Processing popular fiction : bookshops, fans, fanzines and prozines, organizations
- (Lo-tech) John Grisham and (hi-tech) Michael Crichton : putting the thriller to work
- The vampire writes back : Anne Rice and the (re)turn of the author
- Jackie Collins, anti-romance and the celebrity novel
- J.R.R. Tolkien and global terrorism.