Nathaniel Hawthorne /
New York :
|Series:||Bloom's modern critical views.
|Online Access:||Table of contents only|
Table of Contents:
- The artists of the novels: Coverdale, Holgrave, Kenyon / Millicent Bell
- Homely witchcraft / Frederick C. Crews
- "The scribbler of bygone days": perceptions of time in Hawthorne's "custom-house" / Jane Donahue Eberwein
- "The dead live again": Hawthorne's palingenic art / David C.Cody
- Intercourse with the world: the Blithedale romance / Edwin Haviland Miller
- The romance of mesmerism: Hawthorne's medium of romance / Samuel Coale
- Narrative transformations of romanticism / Michael Dunne
- "That look beneath": Hawthorne's portrait of benevolence in The house of the seven gables / Joseph Flibbert
- The tongue of flame / Dan McCall
- Hawthorne's "mad, merry stream of human life": the Roman carnival as apocalypse in The marble faun / David B. Kesterson
- A poem by Lowell / Richard Kopley.