Unspeakable secrets and the psychoanalysis of culture /
Albany, NY :
|Series:||SUNY series in psychoanalysis and culture.
Table of Contents:
- Vexed encounters : psychoanalysis, cultural studies, and the politics of close reading
- Devouring loss : a recipe for mourning in "Babette's feast"
- Tortured history : crypts, colonialism, and collaboration in Last tango in Paris
- Haunted children, cultural catastrophe, and phantom transmissions in the "Dirty War" and the Holocaust
- Religious transvestism and the stigma of Jewish identity
- Anticipating the final solution : symbolism and the occulted Jew in Villiers de l'isle-Adam's Axël
- Imperial legacies and the art of abuse in The picture of Dorian Gray
- The ghost of cultural studies.