The wrecking crew : how conservatives rule /
Frank argues that conservatives have taken pains to enshrine the free market as the permanent creed of state, selling off the government, deregulating some industries, defunding others, but always turning public policy into a private-sector bidding war.
New York :
Table of Contents:
- Introduction: Follow this dime
- INSURGENTS: Golconda on the Potomac
- Their enemy, the State
- The world as war and conspiracy
- Marketers of discontent
- From paranoia to privatopia, by way of Pretoria
- SABOTEURS: "The best public servant is the worst one"
- Putting the train in reverse
- City of bought men
- The Bantustan that roared
- Win-win corruption
- Conclusion: Reaching for the pillars.