Xerophilia : ecocritical explorations in southwestern literature /
"Ecocritical study of multicultural literature of the American Southwest, Xerophilia centers on the love of desert places to examine how Southwestern writers contribute to a sustainable bioregional culture. Analyzes a variety of genres in terms of environmental justice theory, phenomenology, bo...
Lubbock, Tex. :
Texas Tech University Press,
- Introduction: The Southwest : from region to bioregions
- Acequia culture : watershed consciousness and environmental justice in the literature of the upper Rio Grande bioregion
- Border(home)lands : bioregional readings in border literature
- Dignifying the overlooked : invertebrates in southwestern literature
- Re-sensing place : ecological aesthetics, embodied experience, and environmental literature
- Conclusion: Saving Tortugas Arroyo : are words enough?