Columbus : the four voyages /
Christopher Columbus's 1492 voyage across the Atlantic Ocean in search of a trading route to China, and his unexpected landfall in the Americas, is a watershed event in world history. Yet Columbus made three more voyages within the span of only a decade, each designed to demonstrate that he cou...
New York :
- Prologue : October 1492
- Discovery. Thirty-three days ; Son of Genoa ; Shipwreck ; "The people from the sky"
- Conquest. River of blood ; Rebellion ; Among the Taínos
- Interlude. The Columbian exchange
- Decadence. "A great roaring" ; Roldán's revolt ; "Send me back in chains"
- Recovery. El Alto Viaje ; Castaways in paradise ; February 29, 1504
- Columbus Day.