Science in world history /
Science today is a truly global enterprise. This book is a comprehensive, thematic survey of the history of science from its roots in different cultures around the world through to the present day. James Trefil traces how modern science spread from its roots in Western Europe to the worldwide activi...
London ; New York :
|Series:||Themes in world history.
Table of Contents:
- 1. What is science?
- 2. Astronomy: the first science
- 3. Counting
- 4. Greek and Alexandrian science
- 5. Islamic science
- 6. The birth of modern science
- 7. The Newtonian world
- 8. The science of life
- 9. Physical sciences in the twentieth century
- 10. Biology in the twentieth century
- 11. The new internationalization of science
- 12. The frontiers of science.