Christian mummification : an interpretative history of the preservation of saints, martyrs and others /
"This study explores the history of Roman Catholic mummification. It explores various types of mummies, the connections between the Catholic Church and Egyptian religious practices, the treatment of the dead by other faiths, and the veritable cult that has arisen in Italy surrounding the saints...
McFarland & Co., Publishers,
|Online Access:||Connect to the full text of this electronic book|
- Part I. World Mummification
- Part II. Mummies in Italy
- Part III. Saints and Relics
- Part IV. Incorruptible Bodies
- Part V. Influences from Other Cultures
- Part VI. The Egyptian Influence
- Part VII. The Reasons Behind Christian Mummification.