American Indians /
Spanning the arrival of white settlers in the Americas through the twentieth century, this concise account includes more than twenty new maps and illustrations, as well as a bibliographic essay that surveys the most recent research in Indian-white relations.
University of Chicago Press,
|Series:||Chicago history of American civilization.
- Colonial preparation
- Foes and friends, 1776-1816
- Indian removal, 1816-1850
- The warriors' last stand, 1840-1876
- Acculturation under duress, 1876-1920
- The Indian new deal and after, 1920-1968
- Sovereignty and self-determination, 1968-1988
- Testing the limits, 1988-2011.