The body of faith : a biological history of religion in America /
University of Chicago Press,
|Series:||Chicago history of American religion.
Table of Contents:
- History's body
- Incorporating a civill body politick
- Sectarian sensibilities
- The varieties of emotional experience
- Pain and the creative imagination
- Passion, devotion, and religious transformation
- Denominational bodies, individual postures
- The body of twenty-first-century faith
- Afterword: historiography in the twenty-first century.