The opposite of worry : the playful parenting approach to childhood anxieties and fears /
""The most helpful book on childhood anxiety I have ever read."--Michael Thompson, Ph.D. Whether it's the monster in the closet or the fear that arises from new social situations, school, or sports, anxiety can be especially challenging and maddening for children. And since anxie...
New York :
Ballantine Books Trade Paperbacks,
|Online Access:||Cover image|
- Introduction : scary, fun, and safe
- Childhood anxiety : alert, alarm, assessment, and all clear
- The second chicken : parenting with empathy, parenting for confidence
- Relaxation and roughhousing : anxiety and the body
- The edge : approach and avoidance
- Dr. Spock versus Mr. Spock : emotion expressed and suppressed
- "What if" versus "what is" : challenging anxious thoughts
- From monsters under the bed to worry soup : tackling the most common childhood anxieties
- Finding joy : from anxiety, worry, and fear to connection and trust.