"Real" Indians and others : mixed-blood urban Native peoples and indigenous nationhood /
University of Nebraska Press,
|Online Access:||Connect to the full text of this electronic book|
Table of Contents:
- From sovereign nations to "a vanishing race"
- Regulating Native identity by gender
- Reconfiguring colonial gender relations under Bill C-31
- Metis identity, the Indian Act, and the numbered treaties
- Killing the Indian to save the child
- Urban responses to a heritage of violence
- Negotiating an urban mixed-blood Native identity
- Maintaining an urban Native community
- Racial identity in white society
- Band membership and urban identity
- Indian status and entitlement
- Mixed-blood urban Native people and the rebuilding of indigenous nations.