From slave to pharaoh : the black experience of ancient Egypt /
Baltimore, Md. :
Johns Hopkins University Press,
|Online Access:||Connect to the full text of this electronic book|
Table of Contents:
- Egyptians and Nubians
- The problem of frontiers
- Nubia : Egypt's primary sphere of influence
- "Plotting in their valleys" : the unruly tribesmen
- From chiefdom to state and back again : the final conquest of Kush
- The Egyptian empire in Kush
- The silent years : the abandonment of Lower Nubia and the rise of Napata
- The Sudan invades Egypt
- The invasion of Piankhy
- The twenty-fourth dynasty
- The resistance to Assyrian expansion
- "Taharqa the conqueror"
- Egypt of the "black pharaohs"
- Thebes under the twenty-fifth dynasty
- The end of the twenty-fifth dynasty in Egypt.