Parenting Culture Studies /
Why have the minutiae of how parents raise their children become routine sources of public debate and policy making? This book provides in-depth answers to these features drawing on a wide range of sources from sociology, history, anthropology and psychology, covering developments in both Europe and...
New York :
|Online Access:||Connect to the full text of this electronic book|
- Ellie Lee PART I: PARENTING CULTURE 1. Intensive Parenting and the Expansion of Parenting
- Charlotte Faircloth 2. Experts and Parenting Culture
- Ellie Lee 3. The Politics of Parenting
- Jan Macvarish 4. Who Cares for Children? The Problem of Intergenerational Contact
- Jennie Bristow PART II: ESSAYS ON PARENTAL DETERMINISM 1. Policing Pregnancy: The Pregnant Woman who Drinks
- Ellie Lee 2. The Problem of 'Attachment': The 'Detached' Parent
- Charlotte Faircloth 3. Babies' Brains and Parenting Policy: The 'Insensitive' Mother
- Jan Macvarish 4. Intensive Fatherhood? The (Un)involved Dad
- Charlotte Faircloth 5. The Double Bind of Parenting Culture: Helicopter Parents and Cotton Wool Kids
- Jennie Bristow Conclusion
- Ellie Lee.