Culture and immigration in context : an ethnography of Romanian workers in London /
"In recent years, increased political attention has been drawn to the issue of immigration to the UK. For some, their motives to be in the UK are associated with 'organized crime' networks, begging and claiming various welfare benefits. In contrast to the belief that migrants are a ...
New York :
- 1. Being Romanian in London
- 2. A Short History of Migration to the UK: From Post War to New Labour
- 3. Politics and Immigration in Context: Some theoretical notes
- 4. 'The slaves of Europe': The Economic Realities of Life in London for Romanians
- 5. Cultural Confusion and the Confusion of Culture: 'Roma', Romanians and the Exposure to Consumer to Culture
- 6. From Communism to 'Democracy': Political Disintegration, Globalization and the Mass Exodus from the Motherland
- 7. Discussion: Towards a Socio-Politico-Subjective Appreciation of Immigration.