Talking about sexual assault : society's response to survivors /
"Sexual assault is a traumatic experience for any woman. Furthermore, many victims who tell others about their assault must endure a "second assault" in the form of negative reactions, such as victim blaming and disbelief. One third to two thirds of victims may experience such reactio...
Washington, D.C. :
American Psychological Association,
|Online Access:||Connect to the full text of this electronic book|
- The social context of talking about sexual assault
- Theories of rape and women's disclosure
- Why, how often, and to whom do women disclose, and what factors influence whether disclosure is healing?
- Social reactions and their effects on survivors
- Advocates and clinicians' experiences helping survivors
- Conducting interviews with sexual assault survivors
- Challenging the rape culture : recommendations for change.