Managing outdoor recreation : case studies in the national parks /
This book addresses the issue of managing outdoor recreation to protect park resources and the quality of the visitor experience. The book is organized into three parts. Part I comprises five chapters that draw on the scientific and professional literature in parks and outdoor recreation to develop...
Wallingford, Oxfordshire, UK :
|Online Access:||Connect to the full text of this electronic book|
Table of Contents:
- Parks and Outdoor Recreation
- Impacts of Outdoor Recreation
- Outdoor Recreation Management Practices
- Evaluating Outdoor Recreation Management Practices
- Applying Outdoor Recreation Management Practices
- Treading Lightly on Acadia
- Building a Better Campsite Along the Appalachian Trail
- How Many Visitors is Too Many at Arches?
- Protecting Biscayne's Underwater Treasures
- Turning Off the Lights at Chaco
- Busing Among the Grizzlies at Denali
- Winning the Lottery on the Colorado River
- The Sounds of Silence in Muir Woods
- Stewarding America's Antiquities at Mesa Verde
- What Goes Up Mt Whitney Must Come Down
- Preventing the Petrified Forest from Disappearing
- Bear Etiquette in Katmai
- Don't Pick Up Aquatic Hitchhikers in Voyageurs
- A Mountain with Handrails at Yosemite
- Doing the Zion Shuttle
- The Buzz from Above at Grand Canyon
- Managing Monuments and Memorials at the National Mall
- The Winter Wonderland of Yellowstone
- "Alternative Transportation" at Grand Teton
- "No Bad Trip in Glacier"
- Lessons Learned.