Billion-dollar ball : a journey through the big-money culture of college football /
Examines the economics and culture surrounding college football, discussing how in the last decade football programs have overtaken universities, creating entertainment factories where sports are more important than education.
New York :
Table of Contents:
- Preface: A Real University
- The Gilded Age Of College Football
- The Unlikely Charity Known As College Football
- Return On Investment: The Art Of Paying A Coach $23 Million Not To Coach
- Walking With Mr. Baldwin: In The Land Of Accidental Students
- Why The South Lost The War But Wins At Football
- How Women's Rowing Saved College Football: Working The Bar Scene For Recruits
- To Have And Have Not: How College Presidents Fumbled Reform
- Epilogue: The Death Star.