Race becomes tomorrow : North Carolina and the shadow of civil rights /
Durham, North Carolina :
Duke University Press,
Table of Contents:
- Did the conk rag lose?
- The waters of death and life
- Cockroach racing
- Naming troubles
- State making
- F & N : intimacy, distance, anger
- Living in the beyond
- "Out here it's dog eat dog and vice versa"
- Civil society and civil rights on one leg
- "We dies in harness..." : the tomorrows of vulnerable people
- Appendix: Demographic post-civil rights history of African American towns in Robeson County.