On the edge of the Holocaust : the Shoah in Latin American literature and culture /
Waltham, Massachusetts :
Brandeis University Press,
Table of Contents:
- Preface: didn't all the Nazis go to Argentina?
- "Deutsches requiem": Jorge Luis Borges "represents" the Shoah
- Besieged in Berne: Clarice Lispector and the murmur of catastrophe
- Good-bye Jewish gaucho: Alberto Gerchunoff, anti-Nazi
- Diplomacy, literature, rescue: João Guimarães Rosa, Consul in Hamburg
- Not just children's poetry: Gabriela Mistral, consul in Nice
- Epilogue: the anti-Nazis were there too.