Customer-based collection development : an overview /
A collection of essays on patron-driven acquisitions (PDA), with special emphasis on e-books. Both positive and negative aspects are addressed.
ALA Editions, an imprint of the American Library Association,
Table of Contents:
- E-books and patron driven acquisitions in academic libraries / Cristina Caminita, LSU Libraries, Louisiana State University
- A hard DDA's night : managing a consortial demand driven acquisitions program for e-books / Sarah Hartman-Caverly, Delaware County Community College; Amy McColl, Swarthmore College; Norm Medeiros, Haverford College; Mike Persick, Haverford College
- Selectors' perceptions of e-book patron-driven acquisitions / Judith M. Nixon, Suzanne M. Ward, Robert S. Freeman
- Flying in late : a pilot PDA on a microscopic budget / Jamie L. Conklin, Erik Sean Estep
- A case study for PDA on a shoe-string budget : an evolving vision for collection development through three pilot projects / Naomi Ikeda Chow, Ryan James
- Technical services aspects of demand-driven ebook acquisitions / Kay Downey, Kent State University
- Brigham Young University's patron-driven acquisitions : does it stand the test of time? / Jared L. Howland, Rebecca Schroeder, Tom Wright
- Patron driven digital collection development in archives / Maura Valentino
- PDA in a multi-library setting : challenges, implementation, and outcomes / Jeanne Harrell, Carmelita Pickett, Simona Tabacaru, Jeannette Ho, Ana Ugaz, Nancy Burford
- Reasons to be skeptical about patron driven acquisitions : a summary / John Buschman, Dean of University Libraries, Seton Hall University
- Patron-driven vs. librarian-selected : three years of comparative e-book usage / Dracine Hodges.