Women's rights in the United States : a history in documents /
New York :
Oxford University Press,
|Series:||Pages from history.
Table of Contents:
- Law & custom in the colonies. Economic and political rights ; Regulating marriage, sexuality, and divorce ; Religion and education
- Revolutionary ideals and realities. Women in wartime ; Women of the republic : debates over women's rights and equality ; What difference did the Revolution make?
- Women's rights movements. Discussing/Debating women's rights ; The Seneca Falls Convention of 1848 in context ; Women's rights movements ; Gender, race, and rights in the era of Civil War & Reconstruction
- Suffrage and women's rights. Seeking rights : economic, educational, personal ; The suffrage effort : new allies, new alliances, new strategies ; New women ; Suffrage-winning strategies
- Cartooning for and against suffrage
- Women's citizenship in the post-suffrage era. The meanings of citizenship ; The equality debates ; Feminists, flappers, and their foes ; Women's rights in an era of economic depression
- The personal is political. Women's rights in the eras of wartime and the "Feminine mystique" ; Feminism : women's rights ; Feminism : women's liberation
- Women's rights after 1970. "Sisterhood" and its challengers ; Naming wrongs, seeking rights ; "Equality of rights under the law" : the ERA revived ; Global connections.