Space and mobility in Palestine /
Professor Julie Peteet believes that the concept of mobility is key to understanding how place and space act as forms of power, identity and meaning among Palestinians in Israel today. In Space and Mobility in Palestine, she investigates how Israeli policies of closure and separation influence Pales...
Indiana University Press,
|Series:||Public cultures of the Middle East and North Africa.
- Introduction : space and mobility in the time of closure
- "Permission to breathe" : closure and the wall
- Mobility : legibility, permits and roads
- Geography of anticipation and risk : checkpoints, filters and funnels
- Waiting and "stealing time" : closure's temporality
- Anti-colonial resistance in the time of closure.