Confronting space debris : strategies and warnings from comparable examples including deepwater horizon /
"Orbital (space) debris represents a growing threat to the operation of man-made objects in space. According to Nick Johnson, the National Aeronautics and Space Administration's (NASA's) chief scientist for orbital debris, '[T]he current orbital debris environment poses a real, a...
|Corporate Authors:||, ,|
Santa Monica, CA :
|Series:||Rand Corporation monograph series.
|Online Access:||Connect to the full text of this electronic book|
- Introduction: The problem of orbital debris
- Comparable problems and identifying characteristics
- A framework for addressing orbital debris and the comparable problems
- Analysis: comparing the timeline of orbital debris with the timelines of the comparable problems
- Mitigation strategies and their use in other communities
- Remedies and Their Use in Other Communities
- Summarizing Observations
- Appendix A: A brief overview of orbital debris and the comparable problems
- Appendix B: The descriptive framework applied to orbital debris and the comparables.