Interventions : rethinking the nineteenth century /
Interventions: Rethinking the Nineteenth Century" aims to intervene into some of the current critical contexts that inform and are informed by the study of nineteenth-century literature within the academy and beyond. Topics discussed include science and technology, poetry and philosophy, the Go...
Manchester University Press,
|Series:||Interventions: rethinking the nineteenth century (Series)
- On measuring the nineteenth century / John Schad
- Literature and science / David Amigoni
- Locke in pentameters : Victorian poetry after (or before) posthumousness / Anna Barton
- Reading the Gothic and Gothic readers / Andrew Smith
- The global circulation of Victorian actants and ideas : liberalism and liberalisation in the niche of nature, culture, and technology / Regenia Gagnier
- Literary folk : writing popular culture in colonial Punjab, 1885-1905 / Churnjeet Mahn
- "Across the waters of this disputed ocean" : the material productionof American literature in nineteenth-century Britain / Katie McGettigan
- Gruesome models : European displays of natural history and anatomy and nineteenth-century literature / Laurence Talairach-Vielmas
- Adaptive/appropriative reuse in neo-Victorian fiction : having one's cake and eating it too / Marie-Luise Kohlke
- Populism and ideology : nineteenth-century fiction and the cinema / Richard J. Hand
- True histories of the Elephant Man : storytelling and theatricality in adaptations of the life of Joseph Merrick / Benjamin Poore.