Examining the emotional dimensions of academic librarianship : emerging research and opportunities /
"This book explores the emotional dimensions of academic librarianship. It presents concepts that provide some psychological and emotional context to help academic librarians understand their experiences and better cope with them. It also helps to mitigate the impact of the negative experiences...
Hershey, PA :
Information Science Reference,
|Series:||Advances in library and information science (ALIS) book series.
Table of Contents:
- Introduction: Choose a job you love
- Emotional labor and exhaustion
- Emotional labor, emotional exhaustion, and burnout
- Emotional dimensions of academic librarianship
- Academic librarianship and burnout
- Why isn't this being studied?
- Research agenda: Research ideas and recommendations.