Anti-music : jazz and racial Blackness in German thought between the Wars /
Albany, NY :
State University of New York,
|Series:||SUNY series, philosophy and race.
Blacks > Race identity > Germany > History > 20th century.
Table of Contents:
- German jazz and the metronome of race
- The jazz paradox: race and totalitarian politics in German jazz reception
- The jazz machine: Brecht and the politics of jazz
- The monkey's trick: Herman Hesse and the music of decline
- The music of fascism: Adorno on jazz
- Jazz-Heinis: Klaus Mann and jazz ontology.