From early Tang court debates to China's peaceful rise /
"This volume presents new topics from Chinese history of the last 1400 years from a broad range of fields such as politics, religion, society, economy and culture. The refreshing eight articles give new insights on events as different as the inter-religious court debates of the Tang, the Jiaqin...
|Format:||Conference Proceeding eBook|
Amsterdam University Press,
|Series:||ICAS publication series. Edited volumes ;
|Online Access:||Connect to the full text of this electronic book|
- Inter-religious Debate at the Court of the Early Tang: An Introduction to Daoxuan's Ji gujin Fo Dao lunheng / Friederike Assandri
- Social Crises and Political Reform during the Jiaqing Reign of Qing China, 1796-1810s / Wensheng Wang
- 'China' on Display at the Chicago World's Fair of 1893: Faces of Modernization in the Contact Zone / Yuki Ooi
- Christianity and State-Building in Republican Chaozhou, South China / Joseph Tse-Hei Lee
- The Structure of Salt Distribution in Taiwan, 1895-1945 / Tsu-yu Chen
- Semi-Colonialism and Cultural Interaction: Chinese Indentured Labor in World War One France and the Sino-French Connection / Paul J. Bailey
- China's Rise: Some Considerations / Dora Martins
- A Snapshot of Internet Regulation in Contemporary China: Censorship, Profitability and Responsibility / Jinqiu Zhao.