Ten lectures on natural semantic metalanguage : exploring language, thought and culture using simple, translatable words /
Leiden ; Boston :
|Series:||Distinguished lectures in cognitive linguistics.
|Online Access:||Connect to the full text of this electronic book|
Table of Contents:
- From Leibniz to Wierzbicka: The history and philosophy of nsm
- Semantic primes and their grammar
- Explicating emotion concepts across languages and cultures
- Wonderful, terrific, fabulous: English evaluational adjectives
- Semantic molecules and semantic complexity
- Words as carriers of cultural meaning
- English verb semantics: verbs of doing and saying
- English verb alternations and constructions
- Applications of NSM: minimal English, cultural scripts and language
- Teaching retrospect: nsm compared with other approaches to semantic analysis.