Moved by the state : forced relocation and making a good life in postwar Canada /
'Why don't they just move?' This reductive question is asked whenever reports surface of the all-too-common lack of social services and economic opportunities in Canada's rural and urban communities. But why are certain people and places vulnerable? And who is responsible for a r...
|Series:||Brenda and David McLean Canadian studies series.
- "No More Canadians Will Starve!": Development, Discipline, and Decolonizing the North
- "The Governmentality Game": Problematizing, Resettling, and Democratizing Newfoundland
- "Artisans of Their Destiny": Participation, Power, and Place in Quebec's Backcountry
- "Deviating from the Strict Letter of the Law": Race, Poverty, and Planning in Postwar Halifax
- "A Fourth Level of Government"? Urban Renewal, State Power, and Democracy in Vancouver's East Side.