Boarding school voices : Carlisle Indian School students speak /
Boarding School Voices is both an anthology of mostly unpublished writing by former students of the Carlisle Indian Industrial School and a study of that writing. The boarding schools' ethnocidal practices have become a metaphor for the worst evils of colonialism, a specifiable source for the i...
University of Nebraska Press,
Table of Contents:
- "I talk white nicely" : The 1890 letters of returned Carlisle students
- "I have always liked to write" : Selected writings of Mike Burns (Hoomothya)
- "I am interested in my life" : further word from former students of Carlisle
- "One of the most trusted members of the faculty" : Siceni Nori, some "successful" Carlisle Indians, and the 1914 Congressional hearings
- Appendix: Carlisle students named in this book.