Nutrition and alcohol /
Boca Raton :
|Series:||CRC series in physiology of drug abuse.
Table of Contents:
- Alcohol-related nutrition derangements: implications for nutritional support / Olalekan E. Odeleye and Ronald R. Watson
- Dietary factors and alcohol consumption / Raye Z. Litten and John P. Allen
- Nutritional status of alcoholics from different social groups / Mikko Salaspuro
- Interaction of nutrients and alcohol: absorption, transport, utilization, and metabolism / Allan D. Thomson and Oliver E. Pratt
- Alcohol and glucose homeostasis / T. Norman Palmer, Xu Dan and Paul G. Drake
- Role of carbohydrate in alcohol metabolism / George D. Guthrie
- Protein metabolism in alcoholism / Victor R. Preedy and Timothy J. Peters
- Effects of dietary fatty acids and alcohol on fatty acid composition in cellular membranes / Ronald C. Reitz
- Metabolic flux and the role of lipids in alcohol tolerance in Drosophila / Robert R. Miller, Jr., Pieter W.H. Heinstra and Billy W. Geer
- Riboflavin status of alcoholics / Dalphne A. Roe
- Folate metabolism in alcoholism / Charles H. Halsted.
- (cont) Effects of ethanol on vitamin A and β-carotene nutriture / Sohrab Mobarhan, John W. Erdman, Jr. and Howard Friedman
- Zinc and alcohol / Craig J. McClain, Edward J. Kasarskis and Luis Marsano
- Animal models show nutritional modulation of alcoholic liver disease / G. Ananda Rao ... [et al.]
- Nutritional factors in the pathogenesis of alcoholic liver disease / Samuel W. French
- Protein-calorie malnutrition in alcoholic liver disease / Charles L. Mendenhall
- Nutritional support in alcoholic liver disease / Luis Marsano and Craig J. McClain
- Alcohol malnutrition and the gastrointestinal tract / J. Christian Bode and Christiane Bode
- Nutrition and alcohol-induced immunomodulation / Bernhard Watzl and Ronald R. Watson.