An uneasy embrace : Africa, India and the spectre of race /
"The entwined histories of Blacks and Indians defy easy explanation. From Ghanaian protests over Gandhi statues to American Vice President Kamala Harris's story, this relationship--notwithstanding moments of common struggle--seethes with conflicts that reveal how race reverberates througho...
Oxford University Press,
- A cultural economy between the Black Atlantic and Indian Ocean
- Fears of Indian independence
- Race as postcolonial strategy
- Third World science: diasporic dreams and disillusionment
- Hinduism's Black Atlantic itinerary
- NeÌ?gritude beats Bollywood.