An introduction to stochastic processes with applications to biology /
An Introduction to Stochastic Processes with Applications to Biology, Second Edition presents the basic theory of stochastic processes necessary in understanding and applying stochastic methods to biological problems in areas such as population growth and extinction, drug kinetics, two-species compe...
Boca Raton, FL :
Chapman and Hall/CRC, an imprint of Taylor and Francis,
|Online Access:||Connect to the full text of this electronic book|
Table of Contents:
- chapter 1 Review of Probability Theory and an Introduction to Stochas- tic Processes
- chapter 2 Discrete-Time Markov Chains
- chapter 3 Biological Applications of Discrete-Time Markov Chains
- chapter 4 Discrete-Time Branching Processes
- chapter 5 Continuous-Time Markov Chains
- chapter 6 Continuous-Time Birth and Death Chains
- chapter 7 Biological Applications of Continuous-Time Markov Chains
- chapter 8 Diffusion Processes and Stochastic Differential Equations
- chapter 9 Biological Applications of Stochastic Differential Equations.