Teaching translation from Spanish to English : worlds beyond words /
While many professional translators believe the ability to translate is a gift that one either has or does not have, Allison Beeby Lonsdale questions this view. In her innovative book, she demonstrates how teachers can guide their students by showing them how insights from communication theory, disc...
[Ottawa, Ont.] :
University of Ottawa Press,
|Series:||Didactics of translation series ;
no. 3. |
|Online Access:||Connect to the full text of this electronic book|
- The importance of translation
- The importance of prose translation
- Can translation be taught?
- Teaching professional prose translation
- Translation (theory)
- Translating (process)
- A translation (text)
- Ideal translator communicative competence
- Student translator communicative competence
- The teaching context
- Achieving objectives
- Words in context
- Sentences in context
- Restricted codes and transcoding
- Cohesion and coherence
- Appendix: Selected structural contrasts and guided bibliography.