Compositionality in formal semantics : selected papers of Barbara H. Partee /
"Barbara H. Partee has played a central role in developing the non-flourishing field of formal semantics, bringing the formal semantic approach developed by logicians together with a linguistically sophisticated account of the syntax of natural languages. She has continued to be a major contrib...
Malden, MA :
|Series:||Explorations in semantics.
|Online Access:||Connect to the full text of this electronic book|
- 1. Reflections of a formal semanticist
- 2. Opacity, coreference, and pronouns
- 3. Some structural analogies between tenses and pronouns in English
- 4. Toward the logic of tense and aspect in English with Michael Bennett
- 5. Bound variables and other anaphors
- 6. Anaphora and semantic structure with Emmon Bach
- 7. Compositionality
- 8. Appendix B. Genitives, a case study
- 9. Ambiguous pseudoclefts with unambiguous be
- 10. Noun phrase interpretation and type-shifting principles
- 11. The airport squib: any, almost, and superlatives
- 12. Many quantifiers
- 13. Binding implicit variables in quantified contexts
- 14. Weak NPs in HAVE Sentences
- 15. Some puzzles of predicate possessives with Vladimir Borschev.